The AISS pursues a pro active policy in providing learning and practical opportunities for Afghan students and young researchers by offering internship opportunity and work placement. The AISS also offers hosting visiting scholars to conduct their research in Afghanistan on prior mutually agreed arrangement.
Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS) International Fellowship Program
This scheme is for non-Afghan PhD students and researchers who want to conduct their research in Afghanistan.
Research can be conducted in areas such as:
- Democratic-state building process
- National Security
- Sustainable Economic Development
- Regional Cooperation/integration
- US/West-Afghanistan Strategic partnerships
- Islamic Renaissance
- Khorassan of ideas (national/regional cultural integration/renewal)
Each year, two or three positions would be offered.
Applicants can apply for this fellowship program individually or through an institution.
Applicants must meet the following requirement:
- Hold Master’s degree;
- Be in or have PhD degree;
- Must be in excellent academic standing;
- Have adequate experience in relevant fields, such as: International Diplomacy, Development AID, National Security, Economics, Political Science, History, etc.;
- Have a firm background in experimental research is considered an advantage;
- Outstanding writing and communication skills are highly required;
Fellows will be accommodated in the institute where housing and other facilities will be provided for them.
Submit your applications to this e-mail address: email@example.com